What is IPPIS
The Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System (IPPIS) is an information Communications Technology (ICT) project initiated by the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of payroll administration for its Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs).
IPPIS is an Oracle HCM solution that enables the end to end management of all staff personnel and payroll management system. The system performs all gross-to-net calculations, including computation of the tax deductions, union dues, PFA etc.
IPPIS was designed to achieve the following objectives:
1) Facilitate human resources planning by providing information for decision making;
2) Provide a platform for accurate budgeting and annual recurrent expenditure on staff emoluments;
3) Monitor monthly payment of staff emoluments against FGN’s annual budget to ensure minimal wastage and leakage
4) Eliminate payroll fraud such as multiple payment of emoluments to single employee or payment of monthly salary to
a non-existent employee;
5) Facilitate easy storage, updating, and retrieval of personnel records;
6) Ensure database integrity so that once entered cannot be manipulated by unauthorised users; and
7) Enhance confidence in the process of determining staff emolument cost.