What We Do
IPPIS is a Department within the Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation responsible for timely and accurate payment of salaries, wages directly to Government employee’s bank account with appropriate deductions and remittances of 3rd party payments such as: Federal Inland Revenue Service, State Boards of Internal Revenue, National Health Insurance Scheme, National Housing Fund,Pension Fund Administrator, Cooperative Societies, Trade Unions/Association Dues Bank Loans.
We are committed to efficient and effective service delivery. We are currently responsible for payment of salary to 263, 385 Federal Government Employees in 388 MDAs. We have saved the FGN over N208 Billion as at 31 December 2014 due to elimination of ghost workers and improved budget management reporting.
IPPIS Department comprises of four (4) units working together to ensure IPPIS objectives are met.
IPPIS DEPARTMENT UNIT STRUCTURE AND FUNCTIONS
The duties and functions of ICT unit include among others are:
• IPPIS Application Management
• Hardware Infrastructure Maintenance;
• Connectivity management to IPPIS Data centres;
• System installation and configuration; and
• Payroll run, correction and other related technical matters.
The duties and functions of administrative unit include but are not limited to the following:
• managing all correspondences
• Coordinating enrolment of new staff and or MDAs into IPPIS
• Preparation of briefs, IPPIS budget and other repost;
• Manages IPPIS reference registry where all mails are dispatched / failed;
• coordinates staff welfare and training;
• coordinates verification exercises;
• Relations with MDAs
• Office maintenance; and
• Purchases / stores etc.
AUDIT MONITORING AND INVESTIGATION UNIT
The duties and functions of audit monitoring unit are:
• auditing/investigation of IPPIS transactions on the application
• Reconciliation of budget payment;
• Monthly payout report; and
• Arrears verification & compilation
THIRD PARTY & OTHER PAYMENT UNIT
The duties and functions of third party & other payment unit include the following:
• Manages payment of pension matters, PAYE and unions/ cooperatives deductions;
• Pre and post payment processing;
• Processing of arrears repayment; and
• Liaison with CBN, NIBSS & Funds Dept.